2.12.2010

bumping and what?

today i was presented with a lovely opportunity.
my mother chaperons the junior high dances. (so she can spy on my little brother. which he doesn't need cause he's a great kid.) i was invited to help chaperon. and i have to say...
EWWWWWW.
either it wasn't that bad when i was in junior high, or i was more sheltered and more of a goodie goodie than i thought.

do these children know what they are doing??? probable (and hopeful) answer is no. because even if they realize that they are bumping and grinding (!) i'm pretty sure your not supposed to do that with the same gender. (not completely sure cause i've never done it, but from what i've deduced its supposed to be a strictly girl boy thing....)
AND MY LITTLE BROTHER GOES TO SCHOOL WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!
pretty sure i saw more nastiness at this JUNIOR HIGH dance then i have in all of COLLEGE! (well it is BYU so guess thats not saying much..) i mean boys on girls, girls on girls, and boys on boys!!! ICKY!!!!!! i'd never seen such things until tonight! i'm more innocent than some 14 year olds. (sad? i don't think so. i'm happy that way.)

I am SOOO grateful that my little brother is NOT one of the kids in the back bumping and...you know. i'm grateful he is one of the kids in the front, knowing that what they are doing is completely acceptable. they don't stop what they are doing the second they see a grown up, cause they are being appropriate! AMAZING.


OH and one more thing. it is IMPOSSIBLE to try and tell kids off when they think you are one of them. when you come up to their shoulder they don't tend to listen to you. please bless that one day i will look my age. oh wait my genetics are completely against me. mom still looks 30 and she's almost 50. crud.




day maker: did anyone sit and enjoy the 30 min. or so of sunshine today? it was serious sun! i took off my jacket and soaked it on in. my poor paling limbs loved it. winter is my favorite, but i'm ready. bring on the warmth! i was sitting in my t-shirt soaking it up and watching all the people walk by HOLDING not wearing their jackets....and i couldn't help but smile :)

(the song 9 crimes by damien rice has been stuck in my head all day. it's pretty.)

1 comment: