2.10.2010

like mother like daughter.

today i became my mother. well not literally. just more like her.

i got home and i was feeling...i don't know. not really stressed, not really bored. just neutral i guess. and so...i cleaned.
the entire apartment.
because it was something to do that gave me a feeling of accomplishment. working hard and doing something right (because mama taught me to never do anything half way. especially when cleaning) gives me such a feeling of relief and reassurance.

and i've found myself doing that a lot lately. coming home and cleaning.
i understand my mom so much better now. what she would mean when she would finish cleaning a room in our house and turn to me and say, "Doesn't it just feel so much better in here?" i always thought it did, but now i understand it better. when a room, an apartment, or a house is clean it lessens stress and strife. it's one less thing people have to worry about. besides, cleanliness is next to godliness right? i think so. i don't think there will be clutter in heaven. just coziness. (which looks wrong no matter how you spell it.)

so mom here is another post since you love them so :) and i love you so mama




day maker: today i was walking to the ESC. a guy came out the door i was going in, in enough time that he could have walked away and the door would have closed before i got there. yet he walked out, saw that i was heading for that door, ran back and held it open for me. having anyone hold the door open for you is nice, but when they go out of the way to do it...thats just sweet.

chivalry is not dead my friends. isn't that wonderful?

1 comment: