2.07.2010

nearer to thee

i watched titanic last night.
and you know that part? the part where the ship is sinking and people are screaming and dying but the strings quartet starts playing Nearer My God to Thee? at that part i started to bawl.
not because the ship was sinking.
not because people where screaming and dying.
because of that hymn.
Nearer My God to Thee is my very very favorite hymn.
i've been feeling down lately. no real reason behind it. just down. and when that hymn started i realized i wouldn't need to feel down if i would just be nearer to Him.
and i cried. because i had a spiritual experience watching titanic.
most likely because i was browsing through the NieNieDialouges at the same time. probably the most spiritual blog ever.
and i started thinking about all the things i don't have to be down about.
like:
my amazing mom.
my beautiful sister and nephew.
my best friend/little brother.
missionaries. jake and ian.
silly brothers. cody.
best friends/basically sisters. tess, kenz, hil.
my hero. dad.
good times.
all my abilities.
all my millions upon millions of blessings.
the gospel.
Christ.

and i thought this:
i promise to be. nearer, my God, to Thee.

1 comment: