7.30.2010

spinster, loner, whatev.

sometimes, most the time, i act like a spinster. or a loner.
for example i often seclude myself in my room on tuesday nights with a can of coke and an episode of the bachelorette. (which thank you roomies, i am addicted to. it's fabulous.)

tonight i hit a high that can only be described as religious lonerness.
i went to the movie charlie st. cloud. at a movie theater. by myself.

let me explain how this event happened. (by the way, the previews for the movie event.... totally creepy to me.) (haha totes creep tess. totes.)

you know when you wake up in the morning and you decide, "i'm gonna try today, cause i want to look cute tonight to go do something." so you curl your hair and wear make up and maybe make a savers stop to get something awesome.

but then, nothing happens. everyone is gone. or busy. and you feel like doing something anyway.
lately i've pulled away from the need to have some one else with me in order to enjoy myself. i think that might mean i'm grown up. ew. so cause i wanted to i went to a movie. with myself. i even got all dolled up and it was great.

i was a loner tonight. completely. and i loved it. i think i might take myself to a movie next week too.
(if loner was a religion would you have to worship alone? ponderous.)

3 comments:

  1. oh lyndsie. this is my life this summer too. I think hanging out with yourself is great. Especially if you are fine with it. Can I join your religion? Or is that against the rules?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totes awesome, Louise. How was the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lyse, you are absolutely welcome to join!

    tess, it was awesome. made me cry. super sad but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete